After fieldwork was delayed due to Covid-19 in 2020, we are excited to be starting fieldwork in Mackay in July 2021. Follow our blog for updates.
Fieldwork for the Archaeology, collections and Australian South Sea Islander lived identities project includes:
- archaeological survey and excavation
- archaeo-botanical and geomorphological analysis of soils to understand transformation of the landscape
- collection of oral histories
- mapping of cultural landscapes
- collection surveys in regional museums and libraries
Find out more about the project at Research – Archaeology, landscapes and collections.
Archaeology as a Career